Everyone trips and falls at some point. It happens. Some are minor scratches, however, once the shock and embarrassment of falling down is over many victims of these types of accidents often find their injuries are serious and require medical attention.
From small bruises and bumps to severe brain trauma and spinal cord injuries, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ranks falls as the leading cause of accidental death and injury among seniors
Types of “Slip/Trip and Fall” Accidents
A slip and fall accident can happen on any kind of property — private, commercial, or government-owned.
- “trip-and-fall” accidents, where there is a foreign object in the walking path or the walking path is uneven
- “stump-and-fall” accidents, where there is an impediment in the walking surface
- “step-and-fall” accidents, where there is s an unexpected failure or hole in the walking surface, and
- “slip-and-fall” accidents, in which the interface of the shoe and the floor fails, usually because of a slick surface.
Slip and fall accidents can occur in almost any location and there are numerous hazards that could cause a slip or trip, and fall.
Slip, trip and fall accidents can change your life forever, leaving you overwhelmed medical bills, missed time at work, physical pain, and other frustrations.
What to do after a Slip and Fall Accident
Every slip and fall accident has a unique set of circumstances which will determine what actions you can take following the incident.
- Take photographs of the site of the incident and the surrounding area.
- Collect medical files related to the accident.
- If there are witnesses, get their information as well.
- Keep this information in a safe place so it is easily available for your slip and fall attorney at Yochelson & Associates.
If your injuries were caused by some else’s negligence, you might have a case to sue for compensation for the pain you suffered.
You may be able to recover medical costs, lost wages and physical therapy costs that were incurred.
If you or someone you know has been injured due to a slip-and-fall accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your damages. The time allowed to file a claim is limited, so contact Yochelson & Associates for a free consultation. We go above and beyond for our clients.
For more information regarding Slip and Fall accidents, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.